Greater Spotted Eagle "fulvescens"

 Greater Spotted Eagle is not an uncommon raptor in Malaysia. However the so called "Fulvescens" or also know as pale morph is one I would say very rare. The last sighting I have was over 10 years back. This time was probably the second or third record in the country. There was never more even to historically. To move on with this particular individual only 3 group sighted it (if I'm not mistaken). Location remain undisclosed as requested by original observer. I would thank to the main observer whom have alerted me and willing to share the location with me for my documentation in this modern history.

There is no way I can work out the ratio of pale and dark morph. There is just not enough information about this morph in Malaysia for us to draw any conclusion. Unlike booted it was approximately 10:1 of which some will also say to be 13:1 dark to pale. This one however is a mystery to this country. 



Comments

Popular Post

Popular Post