An Owlly 2 week.

Within the 2 weeks I get some opportunity to search for various owl. One of which is the Dusky Eagle Owl. Uniquely a species that was even once thought to be extinct in this country where the species origin population were suggested to be extinct in P.Malaysia. 80 over years later one was sighted in sekinchan. Shortly after a small population was sighted in Perak. Ever since then the number of sighting have been increasing. The species is now sighted south to Selangor and I must say regularly rather than rarely. In addition to this, the species was thought to be restricted to peat in the country. However over the year we recorded it from mangrove up to 1000 feet all. 

This pair in photo was observed in Wang Kelian observatory platform. Both individual were not disturb with loud music nor the high number of tourist. I would say the easiest Dusky Eagle Owl I have encountered. 








The next owl was the Brown Fish Owl. A species that I will say rare though some on the people may say not. This was sighted in Gunung Keriang. I do found out that the country nesting record were also from Kedah. My first try not even the call was heard. Today was my second try and I manage some record shot of the Owl.



Last but not least was this Barred Eagle Owl. I only manage an adult and a juvenile. This was sighted in an housing area and I must say they are rather comfortable in the area.







Concluding 2 week with 3 owl I'm rather satisfied. Now I wander what is the next excitement. :)

Comments

Popular Post

Popular Post