Chui Chak : Raptor observation

This was my third raptor trip since I started for this season. The number were lower and sighting were less exciting, at least to me. First was a male Eastern Marsh Harrier. 


It stood far from my reach and I need to max out my digiscope to get this shot. There was also 2 adult female however both took off before I can get a shot of it. Some juvenile soon took the chances to hunt in the early morning. 

This individual clearly show clear paler rump and ear patch not join or touching the eye assisting the later individual sighted turn out to by a hybrid. This will be discussed in later post. 

Changing location to the northern part of the paddy filed soon yield some Eastern Marsh Harrier which was later noted to be a male in transition  plumage. 


Another juvenile by the main bund area. 
Not long after we observed the Eastern Marsh Harrier, a small flock of oriental honey buzzard were seen migrating pass the paddy field. At the same time a Greater Spotted Eagle juvenile with aberration plumage were also sighted. 
During our exit, a female Eastern Marsh Harrier stood by the side of the main road which we took the opportunity for some photograph.

This time around was rather tiring as the number were lesser but we did not bad I will say with the first hybrid located for this season.


Comments

Popular Post

Popular Post